PRIDE is a celebration of the LGBTIQ+ community. It is held to commemorate the Stonewall Riots, which are often viewed as the catalyst that began the modern LGBTQIA+ rights movement.
When is Dayton Pride?
The Greater Dayton LGBT Center celebrates PRIDE each year on the first weekend of June. It kicks off with Affair on the Square Friday night followed by a parade and the PRIDE Festival on Saturday. The celebration concludes with community activities on Sunday.
Why have Pride?
The PRIDE celebration creates a safe environment for members of our community to express themselves without fear of hate and to experience homosexuality as being the default as opposed the the exception while helping to raise awareness and support for the LGBTQIA+ community.
Pride 2021 Logo Contest Information
The Greater Dayton LGBT Center is holding a community art contest to find the 2021 Dayton LGBT Pride logo! The artwork/logo will be used on the 2021 Pride advertisements, t-shirts, event signage, and more. The winning artist will receive a free one-year membership to The Center, a $100 Downtown Dayton Partnership Gift Card, and recognition at Pride! Anyone in the Greater Dayton area can submit artwork that best represents this year’s Dayton LGBT Pride theme – "Together As One"!
Will your art be plastered all over Dayton in June? Contest rules are below. Please email any questions to email@example.com. Good luck!
1. This contest is open to anyone in the Greater Dayton Area – we consider this to be a 35 mile radius from 24 N Jefferson Street.
2. Members of the Board of Directors, employees, and independent contractors of The Greater Dayton LGBT Center are not eligible for this contest and
their submissions will not be accepted.
3. All entries will be considered without regard to artist's age, ability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, creed, religion, national origin,
pregnancy status, political affiliation, marital status, veteran status, employment status, or any other human characteristic.
4. This contest is free to enter.
5. Entries are to be emailed to PRIDE@daytonlgbtcenter.org and must be received between 12:01 am EST on 2/1/2021 and 11:59 pm EST on
2/28/2021. Early or late entries will not be accepted. Entries are to be in SVG, PNG, JPG, or PDF electronic formats. Other formats or media will not be accepted.
6. Each artist may only submit one entry. Group entries are allowed, but the group entry will count as each group member’s individual entry.
7. Any entry (not just the winner) may be displayed at The Greater Dayton LGBT Center, at any of our events, on our website, or on any of our social
media platforms at any time (now or in the future).
8. Immediate past winners are not eligible to win a second year in a row.
9. Artwork will be judged on: creativity, theme (Together As One), scalability (reprinting in various sizes and on various materials), and positive
representation of our Center, our city, and our community.
10. Your entry must be your own original artwork and concept, not a copy of any other art with or without copyright.
11. The winner agrees that The Greater Dayton LGBT Center has exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your work and has full rights to use
the 2021 Pride logo on any and all Pride oriented paid or unpaid advertisements, displays, clothing, or other merchandise without penalty, royalties, licensure, or other legal incumbrance or fee.
12. Winner will be selected by The Board of Directors of The Greater Dayton LGBT Center. Artist names and bio’s will be hidden from the Board until after
the winner has been selected.
13. The winner will receive a $100 Downtown Dayton Partnership Gift Card (aka Downtown Dollars) subject to the use and rules of the gift card program
and a complimentary one year membership to The Center. Winner will also, if they choose, be recognized on stage at Dayton Pride 2021 as well as on The Center website and various social media platforms.
14. By entering the competition, you agree to all rules set forth above.
15. Have fun!
Affair on the Square
Every year PRIDE is kicked off with Affair on the Square. With live entertainers, this event is a must see.
Saturday begins with the PRIDE Parade. With candy, freebees, and of course PRIDE, what is not to like about this yearly Parade. Starting on ST. Clair street, the parade winds its way through Downtown, ending at Courthouse Square. Join us as we show our pride in being a member of the LGBTQIA+ community..
The Pride festival continues after the PRIDE parade. With Drag Queens, the DGMC, vendors and of course food, this is an event you cannot miss! We encourage you to bring the whole family, and provide a section just for kids that includes activities and inflatable slides.
Spikes and Heels
Sunday is all about Spikes and Heels. During the annual kickball tournament, teams compete for the prestigious Spikes and Heels Trophy. Enter your team online and join the fun!
How can you support PRIDE?
Participate - One of the best this you can do to support PRIDE is the show up! Simply by being a part of our festival, whether a part of the LGBTQIA+ community or not, you are telling the Greater Dayton region that you are here and you support the LGBTQIA+ community as a whole.
Volunteer - PRIDE is a huge undertaking every year and is primarily pulled off by volunteers. Whether it is helping organize parade participants or setting up, or helping during the festival, volunteers are what make PRIDE happen.
Sponsor - The PRIDE Festival could not be what is is today without our sponsors. It is not just about a big party. It is the LGBT Center's largest fundraising event of the year. In other words, PRIDE lets the Center help others show their pride throughout the year.
Make a Donation - Donations from the community, not only during PRIDE but throughout the year, help the Center continue programing that benefit the community as a whole.